Re: welcome Juri

>Welcome Juri.  Sounds like you are trying to grow irises in even colder
>climate than Ellen Gallagher.
>
>Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee USA

	Juri and I had some correspondence before some days ago when he
	first signed onto the iris-l. He saw one of my posts re Siberians
	and started the ball rolling.

	 I am thinking Juri is in about the same USDA Zone as I am.
	We also get late May freezes but they are  not prolonged. A day
	or two at a time as opposed to one or two weeks. Our plants are hardy
	of necessity and if a cultivar can't survive a May freeze, it should
	not be in my garden. Bloom is not affected altho it may be delayed.
	Like Karin Hinsen of California, I mulch but for different reasons.

	On occasion we experience June frosts which makes me frantic..running
	around covering anything I can with anything I can. :-))

	Raining here not snowing (we still have snow cover),

	Ellen Gallagher    e_galla@moose.ncia.net

	Ellen Gallagher				"The smell of freshly dug
	e_galla@moose.ncia.net			earth is perfume to the
	Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA		gardener."
	USDA Zone 3