Re: Herbicides That Are Safe (for other beds?)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Herbicides That Are Safe (for other beds?)
  • From: Diamondidis <boogins@his.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:03:32 -0700 (MST)

Rick Tasco wrote:

> I have the perfect herbicide for you--POAST.  I and others I know have
> used it for killing grass in iris beds.  It can be sprayed right over
> the iris with no ill effects at all, and it kills most type of grasses,
> but will not touch broadleaf weeds.

This is a little off-topic, but I was wondering, would this product be
safe for also spraying amongst vinca, violets, tulips, daffodils,
crocus, etc.?  When my husband and I first moved in to this townhouse,
there was a patch of dirt between our walkway and our neighbor's.  My
husband was able to get grass to grow in it, then we planted the bulbs
and such, and then finally I planted the vinca.  They've all done very
well, but so has the grass!  It gets to be a pain in the summer when we
have to go out there every week and hand-clip the grass down.  I want to
eradicate it, but without harming the other plants.  Is this possible
with POAST?

Kim Diamondidis
Zone 7
Germantown, Maryland