SDBs, etc.

Walter was talking about bloom height of SDBs in relation to level and
duration of cold:
	At the meeting in TN Ron Mullin said that the early SDB's in OK
bloom down in the fan, but the later ones usually at registered height.
But here and in Ft. Worth, they bloom down in the fan or at fan level,
never above the foliage.  We can get mighty cold here, but I guess it is
the duration of coldness that is the factor.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS"

This makes me wonder, Walter, do you get enough cold to grow MDBs?  It always
surprizes me that such a small and delicate plant requires more cold than its
bigger and more robust cousins.  Then again, maybe that's why I. pumila, etc.
were smaller in the first place...

Barb, in Santa Fe, where hopefully the MDBs will be blooming in a few weeks.