Re: Root stimulatory for irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Root stimulatory for irises
  • From: loramasche@juno.com (lora l masche)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 12:26:56 -0700 (MST)

Hi Rick,

I am now just reading a back log of messages and found your reply on
Vitamin Bl.  I have used it frequently when I transplant flowers, trees,
etc.  I have never read the total instructions on the exact usages of
this substance.  I thank you for the information as I have found some of
my irises just sitting there with no growth.  Now I will start soaking
all in coming irises to my garden.

I also read with intrust the problems some are having with feature
attraction, so I went to the garden to see how my was doing.   How sad!
It had a few small growth areas but also had rot on the main rhizome.
Down one.  Guess I won't order that one again.   All other irises are
doing great.  Can't wait till I get them all fertilized.  What a job!

Another question?  While fertilizing, I was wondering if one could use a
rose fertilizer since they usually are systemic.  Maybe that would help
keep some of the bugs off.  Any ideas on that?

We are out of San Jose, sold our home and are now in Volcano full time
where I can take care of my garden.   What a beautiful spot.

We are looking forward to seeing your garden this year.

Thanks again for all your helpful information.

Lora
LoraMasche@juno.com
light rain on and off.  48degs
Daffodils blooming & tulips growing