Re: Herbicides/Pesticides

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Herbicides/Pesticides
  • From: Tom Tadfor Little <telp@rt66.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:59:56 -0700 (MST)

Kathy Shinners askes

:> I use it a lot. Now if someone would do something like this for the Latin
:> binomials and common names for plants...
:As a student of mathematics, this made me smile. Have I missed an
:alternate definition for this term? :)

In biology, a binomial is the two-word (genus and species) scientific name
for a plant or animal. Linnaeus is credited with introducing this "binomial
nomenclature" for taxonomy.

Tom Tadfor Little                   telp@Rt66.com
Iris-L list owner * USDA zone 5/6 * AIS region 23
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Telperion Productions  http://www.rt66.com/~telp/