Re: Iris Books

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris Books
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:06:44 -0700 (MST)

----------
> From: Stremel John <John@email.dfi.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
> Subject: Iris Books
> Date: Thursday, February 27, 1997 2:26 PM
>

> I will be buying several Iris books for our club library.  My
understanding
> from previous postings is that "World of Iris" - AIS, " Siberian Iris" -
> McEwen, and "Iris of China" - Waddick are recommended.  Are there any
others
> that come highly recommended to add to this list that would be good for
the
> general membership?
>
> John Stremel
> Santa Clara, CA
> Zone 8 Coastal

John,
     I am familiar with two very good books that I would recommend for any
Iris Club Library.  The first is "The Louisiana Iris" by Marie Caillet and
Joseph K. Mertzweiller.  This book, copyrighted 1988, has over 220 pages
and many color photos.  The second book is "The Japanese Iris" by Currier
McEwen.  This book, copyrighted 1990, has over 150 pages and some high
quality color photos.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, Ky.  USA     Partly sunny, high near 60 today.