Source for North American native irises!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Source for North American native irises!
  • From: Paul and Heather Bruhn <plb123@psu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:10:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone!

Thought you'd be interested in checking out this catalog (I just got mine
yesterday).  It's a source that you wouldn't think had North American
native irises, but it does.  It also has lots of other really neat
perennials, with a real concentration on the North American natives.
It's the Primrose Path in PA, recommended by a lady in the American
Primrose Society.  They just happen to have the following: I. cristata,
I. cristata "Alba", I. cristata "Vein Mountain", I. lacustris "Alba" and
I. versicolor in addition to "Dorothea K. Williamson" (Louisiana) and a
couple of I. tectorum varieties.  The catalog is $2.00.  The address is:

The Primrose Path
R.D. 2, Box 110
Scottdale, PA 15683

you can also call (412) 887-6756.  All the irises are in the $4.50-$5.00
range and shipping is minimum $5.00.

Haven't ordered from them yet, but like I said, they were recommended!

Heather Bruhn
State College, PA
(zone 5, but looking like Spring--had 3 crocus blooms today!)