Re: hold the politics, please (was Edith Wolford)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: hold the politics, please (was Edith Wolford)
  • From: Croftway@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:11:42 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 27/02/97  18:42:28, Tom speaks (and the people tremble):

<< Politics can easily get out of hand on email. It's one of
 the things I try to nip in the bud on this list. Please avoid even the
 harmless asides; they have a way of getting bigger.

Religion too, no doubt (speaking as a determined atheist).
The trouble is, with everything in life from politics and religion to sport,
relationships and (dare I say it) irises and gardening - we **all** see
ourselves as armchair experts!
And of course, once one becomes an "expert", one believes oneself to be
"always right" (sorry - too many "ones" - I sound like Prince Charles!).

Graham
croftway@aol.com