Iris "autosyndetica" - what is it?

Maybe someone can help me with this one.

Last year I bought a couple of plants under this name.  Its main claim to
fame is that sometimes its flowers are yellow, sometimes blue, and sometimes
a mixture - "never twice the same colour" as the person I got it from said;
- she also added that "it's a good plant for annoying the hell out of
judges" (!).

The only other bit of information I have is that according to its
registration, its perpetrator was Simonet (1934).

Can anyone supply any further information about this plant? - has anyone
else grown it?  I am a bit of a fan (no pun intended) for keeping things
like this going.  I presume it must be some kind of chimera, but that's just
guesswork on my part.

Ian

Ian Black   ianblack@easynet.co.uk
Alton, Hampshire, UK  mintemp -8C