Re: tender ancestors and early bloom

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: tender ancestors and early bloom
  • From: Z88KEYS@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:14:03 -0700 (MST)

Dear Linda:  I think there is some connection between earliness of growth and
tenderness (inheritance from I mesopotamica).  However, it is known that the
rebloomers, as a class, are also extra early. I am really speaking of MY
rebloomers, or at least Eastern rebloomers. These, as a class are extra
hardy.  The dangerous ones stay bright green in the fall, as if trying to
grow all winter, as I mesopotamica does.  Will be glad to hear any other
reports on this subject. Sincerely, Lloyd Zurbrigg,  Durham, NC