Re: gardens in UK, March

Judy

A day at Kew and a day at Wisley are a must!  You will have to buy an
extra suitcase for your return as the bookstores at both those places
are crammed with books that one just does not see over here.  For many
years, I passed through London on the way to one or other part of the
world and each time, summer or winter, I would spend a day at Kew with
my father.  It always has new things to see.

There is a booklet that one can obtain at Wisley that list all the
gardens in England with collections of various plant families.  It gives
the dates that they flower, address, contact telephone, and price of
admission, if any.  It is an excellent reference and only costs a couple
of dollars.  Unfortunately, it is in my library but I cannot place my
hand on it at the moment.  May be Graham has it to hand.

Ian

avocet.intl@sympatico.ca
Ian