Re: Insect control with spiders

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Insect control with spiders
  • From: bills@tiger.hsc.edu (Bill Shear)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:36:18 -0700 (MST)

James--rather than putting the grass clippings and chopped leaves on the
garden beds, I leave them to fertilize the lawn.  Probably foolish, because
then I have to cut it all the more.

I find that an ordinary lawn mower chops leaves fine enough to blow them
down into the grass.  By spring there is no trace.  I've stopped raking
leaves altogether and get my leaf mulch from the town.

Best wishes, Bill
William A. Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College