Subject: Re: spring
Author:  Charley Kearns <kcf@gte.net> at SMTP
Date:    2/28/97 2:49 PM

ECPep@aol.com wrote:
> Today, outside my kitchen door, just behind the electric fences were six deer
> in their dark winter coloration.  Five of six were last summers babies.  All
> looked at me making as much noise as one agitated woman can and none moved
> other than to look up and ask what's new.

> Claire Peplowski
> Zone 4 (real zone), upstate NY nr. Berkshires
> Winter's gloom lifted a bit, some sun  with ice still on the pond.

I certainly know what you are talking about with deer.  They have
nibbled away at a lot of my precious plants.  How high is your electric
fence.  They junp my 5 foot fence.  I don't think they have found my
TBs.  Thanks for the tip re Siberians and Japanese.  My goats like the
daffodils (primarily the blooms) that pop up in their pasture.

I have put netting over a lot of my vulnerable plants until I can find
a better solution.  Any suggestions?

Charley Kearns
Los Gatos, CA
USDA 9,  Sunset 16