Re: Japanese Irises in Pots

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Japanese Irises in Pots
  • From: nickishay@juno.com (Nicki Shay)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:20:41 -0700 (MST)

This is to Clarence:  Thank you so much for this information.  So far, I
have no Japanese Iris - but am wondering if Siberians will take the same
treatment?  I bought the Siberians I have in pots - and they were pot
bound, so I replanted last fall.  THEN after the season ended, I found
another pot I had forgotten.  Today, they are about 3 inches tall and
"full-up" in the pots.  I was amazed at their growth.  I would like to
re-pot into other pots after they bloom.  (I imagine that is the time to
move them here in Washington State - Western half.  )  Then - in the
pots, I can move them around where the sun is warmer and/or they will
lend a nice contrast to other flowers in my garden.

Any comments, gang?

Nicki