Source for I. tectorum Variegata

Donald asked Heather:
<<Someone on the IRIS-L was looking for a source of I. tectorum variegata
(variegated leaves).  Does Primrose Path list this in their catalog?>>

Macey and Greg MCCullough of this same list, doing business as Iris City
Gardens in Nashville, Tennessee, list Iris tectorum Variegata in their very
attractive 1996 catalog. I have not yet received their 1997 catalog, but
intend to order this plant  if it is again available. Because they also list
Iris japonica in the variegated leaf form, often sold as tectorum variegata,
I assume they actually have the elusive tectorum. Even out of bloom the
plants are easily distinguished. Iris japonica has smooth leaves and is
rabidly stoloniferous. The tectorum has a stout rhizome similar to that of a
bearded iris and some leaf ribbing.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall   henryanner@aol.com