Re: SPECX: 854 Ellis

I have been distributing an Iris labeled 854 Ellis, which originated
with Jack Ellis in England. It is a cross of I. pseudacorus and I.
versicolor. It has been introduced as Seuver Frumenty, and the
desciption given is: One branch, pale blue with fine veining that has
the appearance of solid color.  The form is  similar to I vers. and
there is a slight yellow underlay below the blue.
 If anyone out there has Ellis' 855, it has been registered as SEUVER
FOURSES, which is described as a darker violet, also with dense veining.
Ellis' 856 is registered as Seuver Syllabub, and this has a maroonish
cast as compared to the other two and also has more pronounced veining.
Ann Blanco White apparently has been responsble for growing them and
registering as well.  My information comes thanks to Jennifer Hewitt.
Andrew Wheeler