Re: SPEC: Iris Cristata--Hardiness thereof

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC: Iris Cristata--Hardiness thereof
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 15:33:22 -0700 (MST)

<< I need to know whether Iris cristata is hardy in Zone 5. >>

Hi Anner:

I. cristata is perfectly hardy here in the Buffalo burbs... spreading happily
in my shady "way back".  And, as a matter of fact, one of our former members
was able to establish naturalized carpets in some woods near his home.

Kathy Guest... who just got back from the NARGS Winter Rendezvous in Toronto
and has discovered two things:  1)  I really, really, really need to learn all
I can about arisemeas and grow as many as will survive here.... 2)  ditto for
auriculas.   (: