I think I had PH 4 in my slope from the beginning, and from start there was
only growing two other type
of plants there : cynanchum vincetoxicum, - grows naturally on dry kliffs
and lathyrus silvestris. Even tho those plants are adapted, they suffer
some years cause its too dry some periods during the summer.
Now this sounds foolish to plant iris there, but ofcourse I prepared the
soil the best i could.
even tho the iris didnt grow so well they didnt rot so much and that was
something i feared more. Well some of them did rot immediatly anyway, but
most managed well.