Re: Cult: Borers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Cult: Borers
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:30:27 -0700 (MST)

> Dear Lloyd, do you think borers can survive in sweden? Is that something
> must fear when importing iris?
>
> BW / Gunnar

Gunnar,
     I am not Lloyd, but I think that the Iris Borer probably could survive
in the southern third of Sweden if introduced there.  I would not stop
importing Irises if I were you, but I would inspect each rhizome before
planting it.  If you find a Borer, kill it immediately.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.