Re: SPECX: 854 Ellis

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPECX: 854 Ellis
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:52:00 -0700 (MST)

> I have been distributing an Iris labeled 854 Ellis, which originated
> with Jack Ellis in England. It is a cross of I. pseudacorus and I.
> versicolor. It has been introduced as Seuver Frumenty, and the
> desciption given is: One branch, pale blue with fine veining that has
> the appearance of solid color.  The form is  similar to I vers. and
> there is a slight yellow underlay below the blue.
>  If anyone out there has Ellis' 855, it has been registered as SEUVER
> FOURSES, which is described as a darker violet, also with dense veining.

Andrew,
     These two Irises interest me.  Iris pseudacorus is known to do well in
Florida.  This makes me wonder if one or both of these Irises would grow
here.  I am very interested in the various types of Iris pseudacorus.  If
anyone in the deep south has had experience growing these plants, or in a
comparable climate overseas, I would like to hear how they do.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.