Re: CULT, REF: Iris Borers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT, REF: Iris Borers
  • From: "R. Dabbs" <rld@ctcis.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:59:41 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:
>      Recently, I made a posting saying that I thought the Iris Borer would
> be present in Texas and Kansas.  This posting was not based on any
> hard-core evidence, but was based on assuming that it would be there since
> it is found in neighboring states with similar conditions.
>      Since we have Iris List members in both Kansas and Texas, I am turning
> to them to clarify this matter.  Is the Iris Borer present in these two
> states?  If so, what parts?  If not, let us know that since that is
> valuable information too.
>      If I confused anyone, I am sorry, but I would like to find out more
> about the range of this insect pest.
> Mark A. Cook
> billc@atlantic.net
> Dunnellon, FL.

I am about 50 miles east of the Kansas border (on the Missouri side -
zone 5) and we do have iris borers here though they do not seem to be as
serious of a problem as many have described.  Being this close to Kansas
and with nearly identical climate, I would have a hard time believing
that they would not also be there too.

Mayview, MO
Zone 5
(Saw a butterfly yesterday!)