Re: cult

Gunnar's description of his garden:

>Its an granite hill and not so easy blown away, but it have already natural
>terasses
>that i can plant in. I occupied a 5 square meter terass last summer and
>filled it
>with iris sibirica seedlings.
>one part was a little too steep and dry, the TB didnt do well there, and
>the soil there
>was pretty sour. How sour soil can a TB take? what is the ideal PH?
>
>My house lot is bigger then average, cause its an old area and its not
>planned yet.
>there are many summer houses and empty house lots.
>When planned most house lots are about 1600 square meter in the suburbs.
>Closer to town its more normal to have house lots of 500 square meter.

Gunnar, I think you have everybody on the List drooling with the description
of your terraces.  You not only have more room that way, you should have
good drainage, too.  Though there is the question of the acid soil...well,
maybe it's just not going to be TB heaven.

Barb in Santa Fe, on a very flat lot, with not a speck of acid soil in sight
(though I'm beginning to get down closer to neutral in spots after 14 years
of compost).