Re: CULT, REF: Iris Borers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT, REF: Iris Borers
  • From: Beth Metty <patrickm@umich.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:17:42 -0700 (MST)

Mark Thornsburg wrote:

> william b. cook wrote:
>
> >      Recently, I made a posting saying that I thought the Iris Borer would
> > be present in Texas and Kansas.  This posting was not based on any
> > hard-core evidence, but was based on assuming that it would be there since
> > it is found in neighboring states with similar conditions.
> >      Since we have Iris List members in both Kansas and Texas, I am turning
> > to them to clarify this matter.  Is the Iris Borer present in these two
> > states?  If so, what parts?  If not, let us know that since that is
> > valuable information too.
> >

>   Y'know...  I think I've found borers in my garden, but I didn't stop to ask
> them what they were; I just bashed their brains in with a rock.  But it's
> upsetting to think that there may be borers munching away at everything I've
> planted.
>
> Rusty
> Fort Worth

I gardened for years in Dallas and we had borers there but the problem
didn't seem to be too serious - a few now and then, as I recall.  Boy,
the iris really loved getting their feet baked in the summer there -
they would just drowse away through the hot months, soaking it in - you
could almost hear them snoring, ha ha.  Beth Metty, Munith MI Zone 5-4