Re: iris books

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: iris books
  • From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:33:32 -0700 (MST)

>	Claire P. wrote:
>
>>And, here is a listing for WOI for anyone looking for a bargain.
>>
>><<<83. Warburton, Bee & Hamb;en, Melbe (editors) THE WORLD OR IRISES
>>Witchita,
>>KS American Iris Scoiety 1986. Book=Fine DJ=edge wear. 8vo 494pp w/index.
>>Illustrated by B & W photos. 2nd printing edition. Binding is HB. Book#
>>004697
>>US$ 9.60. Please contact BookMart for more information about purchasing this
>>book.>>>
>
>	Is this the place you mentioned previously? The URL was:
>
>	http://www.abebooks.com/
>
>	Anyway, I tried to used  copy of the WOI for my sister and they were
>	out of stock and I tried another book (I think it was the Dykes 1929
>	and same story). These may just be two coincidences...
>
>	Ellen

 I think the listing Clair is referring to is for a single copy.  It might
have already been sold.  The listings found using this website are from
dealers in old books, so frequently from any one dealer only a single copy
is available.  Hoever, if the book is fairly common, it might be listed by
several dealers.  My wife wanted a particular edition of the Divine Comedy
for Christmas and I found nearly 20 dealers, each of whom had from 1-3
copies in various conditions.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College