Borers

Someone mentioned earlier the use of a wetting agent when spraying Cygon.
This is very helpful in aiding
absorption into the plant tissues.  I have used Cygon both with and without
a wetting agent. I had MUCH better
success with the wetting agent.  Also, for those who use off-brand
dimethoate, take notice that the concentratu=ion of active ingredients may
differ from Cygon, and even using their mixing instructions may leave you
with a weaker solution than Cygon.
I have also been told that spraying in the warmest part of the day is
helpful in absorption, although I cannot verify this.
Does anyone know if this is true with pesticides? This is based on the idea
that for every 10 degree increase, chemical activity doubles.
John Bruce
jbruce@infinet.com
1VP Miami Valley Iris Society
AIS Region 6 / SW OH Zone5