OT - finding books (was iris books)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT - finding books (was iris books)
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:27:16 -0700 (MST)

	Bill Shear wrote:

> I think the listing Clair is referring to is for a single copy.  It might
>have already been sold.  The listings found using this website are from
>dealers in old books, so frequently from any one dealer only a single copy
>is available.

	This is correct - the one copy of the WOI I asked for was at a
	bookstore in the San Francisco area. I did a search and there were
	no other copies available at that time (around 2 weeks ago) anywhere
	at this book site.

> However, if the book is fairly common, it might be listed by
>several dealers.  My wife wanted a particular edition of the Divine Comedy
>for Christmas and I found nearly 20 dealers, each of whom had from 1-3
>copies in various conditions.

	That is good to know when trying to find older, more classic books.

	Thank you for the information.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3