CULT?: Irises in southern Florida.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT?: Irises in southern Florida.
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:31:52 -0700 (MST)

     Since there is no lightning activity nearby, I was able to come back
on line.  At this time, we have heavy rain and winds gusting to 40 MPH,
they on the coast 25 miles away, the winds have been over Hurricane Force.
     I found this question on the Daylily e-mail Robin, so I was wondering
if any of you all can help Mr. Schmidt.  I sent him a private message
telling him that I am going to post this on the Iris List.

> I've got a non-daylily request. I've received an e-mail from Tim Schmidt
> of southern Florida who grows lots of daylilies, but wants to grow some
> iris too.  Can someone who has managed to do this in the deep south
> e-mail him with some suggestions for iris that would thrive in his
> area?  His address is:  Tim_Schmidt@ecgi.com

     Any help will be appreciated.  I hear thunder again, so I better get
ready to go off line again soon.  If this squall hits, the winds will
rapidly accelerate.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.