OT- clip art is 80/20

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT- clip art is 80/20
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:02:40 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 98-02-02 20:27:08 EST, Edmund writes:

<< BTW, IMHO, this is a most unusual message coming from me, an admitted
 grouch, as I feel that about 80% of what I read on this list is purely
 person-to-person conversation and SHOULD be sent as private e-mail instead
 of wasting the time of all the subscribers who are looking for substance
 rather than banter.  >>

Often there is banter,  albeit good natured banter, but 80/20?  There has been
a lot of good information on list in the past weeks.

A gardener of many years, this is my first year with iris borers.  I have
benefited by the accounts presented here.   Iris book info, garden book info,
some of us are delighted to have this in our bookmarks of sites.

There has been species iris information lately after a dearth of it for
months.  This should not divide us.  Borers and species and books are
appropriate topics for an iris mail list.  A bit of chatter keeps the list
civil and inviting, all levels of interest can be accomodated.

I am on two other lists with enormous potential.   One had descended into
eternal bickering freezing any meaningful communication.  The other has list
owners reading all posts to prevent just that.  The iris list has managed to
keep it's dignity.  Respectfully I would suggest that to maintain a level of
exchange that interests one, questions and comments to that end would be
helpful.   A little grouchiness, while no doubt benign, often frightens newer
robins from posting.

I suppose we could all try harder to use the proper words in the subject line
and adhere to the rules.  I have pulled mine from the folder and will keep it

Now to clip art, I will happily share my collection, just ask.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4 - Berkshire area