Iris bud fly

	I sent my previous message without the last sentences. :-(

	Bearded irises can also be the target of the bud fly (orthochaeta
	dissimilis) if its favorite snacks (beardless irises) are not

	I have only had Siberians and Japanese irises affected and I think
	one species (Holden's Child). No versicolor or pseudacorus......no
	borer either but I am always on the alert and not trusting of the
	theory of the 6 months of frozen gardens...perhaps the borer needs
	April and May for its life cycle when we are still frozen in Zone 3.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3