Re: SPEC- Species Iris Sources, and I.suaveolens.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC- Species Iris Sources, and I.suaveolens.
  • From: Tom Tadfor Little <telp@rt66.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:49:57 -0700 (MST)

>At this moment, for instance, I have an inquiry about for I. suaveolens, a
>dwarf bearded species, and, while I have some intuitions about whom to ask
>about it, I don't have a formal source in the files yet.

I obtained I. suaveolens this year, from Terry Varner's Ohio Gardens. Other
good sources of bearded species include:

Lynn Markham
Chuck Chapman
Jim & Vicki Craig

A good starting place is the iris catalog list on the Iris-L web site
http://www.rt66.com/~telp/garden.htm (scroll down to the Iris-L section of
the page). Although I don't list which particular species each grower
lists, you can at least get a preliminary indication of which nurseries
sell species.
Tom Tadfor Little                       telp@Rt66.com
Iris-L list owner  *  USDA zone 5/6  *  AIS region 23
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Telperion Productions      http://www.rt66.com/~telp/
Iris-L Web Site  http://www.rt66.com/~telp/garden.htm