Re: digital camera

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: digital camera
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:58:53 -0700 (MST)

> Hi everyone, I'm needing some advice. Am thinking of purchasing a =
> digital camera, but because I know nothing about them , willthis one be =
> okay?-HB#C534A It has 640X480 resolution  and reusable HP PhotoSmart 2MB =
> photo memory card. I will be using it mostly in the garden.I don't need =
> "top of the line" but also nothing that will be obsolete in 6 months. =
> Any help  will be appreciated. Judy Eckhoff

Chris responds:

The digital camera that I like most for pure ease of use is the two models
from Sony which store the photos on a standard floppy disk which slips in the
side of he camera and when full/finished shooting can just be inserted into
your computers floppy drive and the files directly accessed/displayed. Could
not be easier... no other cameras have this system that I know of. Obvious
other benefits are the fact that if going away somewhere you can just take a
bunch of extra floppy disks with you and shoot iris photos to your hearts
content! (not being limited to the number of shots that the memory on other
cameras can hold)
Check your local camera store for details and pricing.

Here are the details of the two models:

Sony Mavica FD-5 and FD-7

The new MVC-FD-5 and FD-7 digital cameras from Sony are the first of their
kind to offer simple, economical storage in the form of a conventional floppy
disk. Store up to 40 shots on each disk and you've got images that are ready
to use on your computer without the need for extra cables or software. Both
feature a 2.5" color LCD screen, 640x480 pixels, macro from 3-10 inches,
built-in flash and the Infolithium rechargeable battery system good for up to
500 shots. The FD-7 includes a 10x power zoom, 4 special effects and an AE
program function.
MAC/PC compatible.
more info available at:

Christopher Hollinshead