CULT: Borer, spraying, and the sun

Bob said:

<< but I'd encourage looking for those that are  described as "spray
surfactants," breaking down the surface tension of the  droplet while also
working into the outer waxy cuticle of the leaf and  staying there (an old
expression was "sticker/spreader"). .... I'd rather not spray Cygon in the
heat of the  day.>>>

And I would say from experience that if you use liquid dishsoap as a sticker
and spray a very warm day or in very strong sun you risk burning your irises
badly and while they will recover, they will be sad plants and sad looking
plants for a good while. This also holds for spraying them with insecticidal
soaps.

Anyone know if pyrethins have any effect against larvae of anything? Or the
soaps, for that matter?

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall Henryanner@aol.com