OT: Re:Australian Book

>>The point I'm trying to make is that Amazon can offer the book at a  low
>>price if they choose, But there's little point, if they don't actually
>>have distribution rights.
>
>That is almost exactly what Graeme Grosvenor said.
>
>Ann

--------------------------

This book issue is confusing me. If the publishers' retail price
is $55.00 Australian, it translates to approximately $37.50 US. So,
any bookseller offering it in the US for $38.50 isn't discounting
anything, and they've actually factored in some freight or other expense.

I've seen some messages here indicating the book is being
delivered to the US for about $50.00 US total, including shipping
from Australia. It just sounds like they (Grosvenor and publisher)
don't want to offer the book at a wholesale price. They know they
won't sell a lot of copies so they want to maximize their return.

Is this book available in book stores in Australia, or is it strictly
being handled publisher direct? If available in Australian book stores,
I don't like the implication. If it is only publisher direct, so be it.
Now that they have established a $55.00 AUD value, my twisted mind
sees it as a $38.50 USD value, and no more.

Duane

Duane Buell  Zone 6a but plan 5b for safety
http://www.outdoorhq.com
Now featuring a BarnesandNoble bookseller link
dbuell@ptialaska.net or sales.ohq@sport4u.com