SPE - iris dichotoma

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SPE - iris dichotoma
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:36:10 -0700 (MST)

Juri,

Cannot find the post from you to quote but am in refence to the 52nd parallel
location of iris dichotoma.

You have sent me to the globe and I have located me between the 40th and 45th
parallel in the eastern USA.  I also the checked the source of the seed (SIGNA
lists allow this) and all but one source is the southern American states.

There was one donor from Hope, BC, Canada.  He may be on the warm coast.
Unless all the naturally occurring plants are benefiting from a microclimate
or some coastal current, maybe I have a chance.

Thank you for the information.  Do you grow dichotoma in your cold location?

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4 Berkshire area