Re: SIB: chrysographes

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SIB: chrysographes
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:10:57 -0700 (MST)

Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> I am encouraged that you regard chrysographes as fairly easy to grow, as I
> got some seed of this iris from SIGNA this year and am hoping to be able to
> grow and bloom it here.

Do you know if chrysographes goes dormant during the winter, losing all
it's foilage like the hybrid Sibs?  I am growing a single seedling from
SIGNA seed and it is either totally dormant or dead.  I would prefer the

BTW, can you or anyone else spell out chrysographes phonetically?

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8