Re: Dutch iris & nasty weather- help

>How much snow and freezing can the Dutch irises withstand? >

Hi Tami,
Welcome to the list!  I grew Dutch iris in Houston  Tx. and in New Mexico.
They always came up in the late fall and stayed green even through the ice
and snow.
They were green all winter.  The bloomstalks didn't appear until spring and
even if we had a cold spell it didn't hurt them.  I have had daffodils bloom
in the snow. When they were in bloom I would cut them and bring them in to
enjoy, but if the buds were not showing color then I left them and they came
through fine.
Leslie in Omaha