Re: SIB: chrysographes

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SIB: chrysographes
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:45:27 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 98-02-04 22:14:18 EST, Rick Tasco writes:

 Do you know if chrysographes goes dormant during the winter, losing all
 it's foilage like the hybrid Sibs?  I am growing a single seedling from
 SIGNA seed and it is either totally dormant or dead.  I would prefer the
 BTW, can you or anyone else spell out chrysographes phonetically >>

>From Hamlyn on plant names which is British:

                      kris-o-gra-feez  (the accent on the  o )(may not
transmit to non-AOL)

I have a seed grown clump and it does not like to be dry.  We are so unalike
in climate it may be of no help to you to know ours is completely dormant 6/7
months.  Just now it is under snow,

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4 - Berkshire area