Re: Dutch iris & nasty weather- help

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Dutch iris & nasty weather- help
  • From: JErnst209@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 07:31:47 -0700 (MST)

<< How much snow and freezing can the Dutch irises withstand?  >>

Hi Tami,

This a sad story, but true.  When we first built our house in '92, that Fall,
I could not wait to plant a garden. So I hapzardly dug up a narrow bed next to
the foundation of the house on the west side, in a breezeway, connected to the
garage.  This is a wind tunnel, and gets very little sun, except for late in
the day.  All these years later, there is still one lone bulb that comes up
faithfully every year. I have ever seen it bloom, but it does get taller and

Point here it that I am in SE Michigan.  'Nuf said.

Karen Ernst
SE Michigan, zone 5