Re: OT: pronunciation

Actually, Walter, I frequently heard in my college English courses that
"southern English" is the closest to the queen's English of all the
American dialects.  How you determine this, or how much truth is in this
statement is subject to debate, but it makes since in light of
immigration patterns of the southeast compared to other parts of the
country.

Lynn Woosley
Marietta, GA

USDA Zone 8 - Where my house is full of daffodil blossoms that I cut to
save from the sleet and cold, and we are wondering if the Georgia
groundhog, General Beauregard Lee, has lost his ability to predict
spring.

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 06:49:04 -0700 (MST) "Walter A. Moores"
<wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu> writes:

>	Even in the South where the King's English is often butchered
>terribly, <snip>

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]