Re: OT: pronunciation of Aril

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: pronunciation of Aril
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:43:24 -0700 (MST)

Scott Jordan writes:>
> As can be seen from other messages about pronunciation, there is much
concern
> over how words are spoken.  This is interesting, but not worth excessive
concern.
> The significant point is whether the information is conveyed.

Well said!  Being an avid reader as child, I knew the correct usage and
meaning of written words, but not necessarily the aural expression.  Once
took much teasing for using the word 'epitome' vocally.  Didn't mark me for
life, tho.  Still use them occasionally without checking pronunciation
according to Webster.  The trick is simply to use a work no one else knows
how to pronounce.   Everything I speak comes out Texan anyway.

Donald
donald@eastland.net......where the centerfold pictures are good news.  If
the arilbreds I planted don't slow down their current rate of growth, the
pictures are likely to be the only arilbred blooms I'll see this year.