OT: seasons

	Gerry Snyder of California wrote today, Feb. 5th:

>Gerry, just in from some weeding.

	I will add from Northern New England:

	Just in from helping shovel approximately 4 tons of snow off our
	roof and the guy who was in charge perfectly positioned himself to
	*hit* my less-than-one-year-old bearded iris and lilium bed with
	tons of heavy snow and ice....some seedlings in there, too. Ouch.

	My husband is the one who estimated the tonnage based on scoops and
	shovel-fulls. This is the third day of roof shoveling.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3