Re: SPE - iris dichotoma

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPE - iris dichotoma
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 21:27:56 -0700 (MST)

<< 	Iris dichotoma or more properly Pardanthopsis dichotoma is hardy to
 zone 4 if good drainage  exists.According to Jim Waddick's book " Iris
 of China"  this irid grows as far north as Mongolia and Eastern Siberia
 	I grow it on thin soil over limestone with no additional water or
 fertilizer. It blooms well every year.

 Jim Murrain >>

Does your dichotoma set seed.  If not what is your source?  Mine came from the
SIGNA list and before I found that I had looked for years.

Do you start the plants indoors?  From collected seed?

I think I need to pay more attention to the pH.  I live in a naturally acid
soil area.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4 - Berkshire area