IRC: Fri Chat

The IP address for tonight's chat is:

*UNKNOWN AS OF THIS TIME* - Check Vengers web page as detailed below.

*****
If his server is not up tonight then we will be on the Undernet. You can get
there using the addresses below. The channel name is the same.

#iris-l

(note all lower case)

*****

Port must be 6667

Sometimes it changes during the day so remember you can always find it at :

http://www.vengers.com/page.htm

There are now instructions on how to get to our chat if you have a PC and are
constrained to using AOL.  While this set of instructions is specifically for
mIRC, I would think that you could translate them for other programs, and
maybe for Ircle on a Mac. I will be attempting to test some of those, but if
anyone gets a chance before I do, please let me know.

Using IRC on AOL
This procedure has been tested with mIRC only.
Logon to AOL and minimize it.
Open mIRC and go to File Setup and click on the local info tab.
Leave localhost and IP address blank.  Under "on connect always get:",
Check the local host box.
That will allow you to get out of AOL.
Logging into our server:
Under File/Setup/IRC Servers, ADD a new entry.
Under Description, type in Venger's
Under IRC Server, input the IP numbers seen above.
The port MUST be 6667. Leave everything else blank.
Click on "OK", then connect.
"Edit" the entry for Venger's whenever the IP has changed,
normally every 24 hours. Input the new IP numbers.

If you are not an AOL user, by far the best solution is one of the standard
IRC clients. They are available thru places listed on Rod's webpage. If you
are unfamiliar with the chat process, email me at jijones@ix.netcom.com

Detailed beginner mIRC instructions at: http://www.mirc.co.uk/install.html

Some basic information on chatting is available from Rod Vengers web page and
links contained thereon.

Once again, if you need help tonight, I will monitor my email and try to
respond. Or you can call me at 510-795-9723.

Undernet addresses:

StLouis.MO.us.Undernet.org
los-angeles.ca.us.Undernet.org
washington.dc.us.Undernet.org
or just
us.Undernet.org

I suggest that you use some port between 6661 and 6669 EXCEPT 6667.

Look forward to chatting with you.