Re: apology

>I would like to apologize for accidentally sending out to the whole list =
>what I had meant as a private reply to Rick Tasco.  I did not mean to =
>clutter up everyone's Inbasket twice now, including this apology.
>
>I did not mean anything disrespectful to Lloyd Zurbrigg, whom I have met =
>at one or another of the AIS conventions.  He is a very knowledgeable =
>irisarian, and I would still be very interested in what his concerns =
>were about the bleach affecting the bloom.
>
>David Shannon
Dear David:  I know from correspondence that if you use a bleach solution
and fail to rinse the plant off afterward, you can get very distorted
flowers and even distorted leaves the following year. Apparently some of
the bleach gets into the plant cells and remains, and acts a sort of
poison. Probably this might also have occurred because the solution was too
strong. Lloyd Z. in Durham NC