OT-Wonderful meeting

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT-Wonderful meeting
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:35:23 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience at the Fort Worth meeting last
night.  We (my ride: Peggy Harris and Sylvan Sigler, avid
convention-goers) arrived about 15 minutes before the meeting started,
which, evidentally is a record for them.  While I was socializing, Tom
Burseen approached me and handed me the last 3 year's catalogs from his
garden, which I had asked for way back in November.  It was kind of nice
to have those to pore over when someone got long winded...  Also, I
signed up for one category in the design division of the show in
April... and this is when I got a bit discouraged, because this is my
first year doing this, when Hooker Nichols gave me a small piece of his
infinite wit and wisdom (cynicism?)... he said, "Don't worry...you'll
win everything your first year, and then you'll never win anything
again... it's beginner's luck."  And then we had refreshments, and with
the 15 or so minutes left before we all got kicked out of the Botanical
Gardens Center, we had our program, Iris 101, where I got to ask
questions, and learned *something.*  And, I've come to find that I have
become "part of the group" there, and that some people actually LIKE
having me around!  <g>   I'm sorry if I've bored anyone with this, but I
just wanted to share a youth's perspective on Club meetings.

Happy Irising,