Re: SPEC: I. Reticulata....was OT-Pronunciation

Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan wrote:

> Jeff and Carolyn Walters wrote:
> >
> > McClure and Zimmerman lists the following reticulata (with          > > description):
> >

> Yes, I have M & Z and will check it out.
>
> Rick Tasco
> Superstition Iris Gardens
> Central California........rain, rain, rain...will it ever stop?
> Zone 8

Rick, McClure & Zimmerman also sell online thru Garden Escape. If you go
to that website (http://www2.garden.com/) & search the bulb dept. for
iris, you'll find listings & PHOTOS of I. reticulata 'Harmony',
'Cantab', 'Clairette' & 'Natasha' but none of 'Pauline' (which Jeff
suggested for your dk wine purple w/ wh. signal.) The photo with the I.
r. mix, tho, shows both a dk wine purple & a 2-tone lavender-purple but
doesn't give names for any other those pictured. The yellow iris show
with that mix is I. danfordiae.

Marte in the mtns	Zone 4/Sunset 1  Colorado -- where we haven't had but
a smidgen of snow for over 2 weeks & the snowpack (& icepack) are slowly
dwindling away.