CULT: Blyth intros?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Blyth intros?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:21:00 -0700 (MST)

Last year, Walter Moore's posted performance in his Mississippi garden
of several of those gorgeous Blyth introductions.  While stuck here in
the 3 day power outage (!!), I've been memorizing the 1998 Keppel
catalog (the only one I have so far).  Only one of the Blyth cultivars
Walter mentioned is listed, so I was wondering if Walter or any other
folks in the southeastern freeze/thaw, flood/drought, heat, humidity,
rot, and death belt have some performance data points on additional
Blyth cultivars they would share with the list.

EURYTHMIC is still cheerfully growing in a pot on my windowsill in an
unheated room, only watered occasionally when I remember and can fight
my way through all the junk to get to it.

The cultivars Walter told us about were AFFAIRE, BEACH GIRL, BEHOLD A
LADY, CHOCOLATE VANILLA, CHINESE EMPRESS, CHINESE TREASURE, CRIMSON
SNOW, ELECTRIQUE, ENGLISH CHARM, EURYTHMIC, GALLAND ROGUE, GREEN &
GIFTED, HE MAN, LIGHT BEAM, LIPSTICK LIES, MAGHAREE, MOOMBA, PIPER'S
FLUTE, REMBRANDT MAGIC, TOMORROW'S CHILD, TOUCH OF BRONZE, WITCH'S WAND,
and WITCHING.  Check the archives for what he said about them - probably
the subject was Blyth.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
snow zone, for a change.