HYB: homework

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HYB: homework
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:21:36 -0700 (MST)

This is bad - I haven't done any of the last two weeks' homework
assignments, but I came up with a new one of my own.

In Keith Keppel's 1998 catalog, there are 7 Blyth introductions that are
siblings from the cross DANCE MAN X REMBRANDT MAGIC.  The siblings are
APRICOT DANISH, CHESTNUT AVENUE, COVET ME, INNER JOURNEY, PLUME D'OR,
STILLNESS, VENUS BUTTERFLY, and ZILLIONAIRE.  What a color range!
Apricot, brown, gold, violet, lemon zonal, lavender-tan blend, and
gold-tan bitone.  From this, figure out what color genes the parents
have.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
I haven't tried to figure this one out myself, but it looks interesting,
so thought I would share.  Does any of this bunch grow around here?