OT: Garden Report

Hi everyone!

Just finished about 2 and 1/2 hours weeding, etc...only 3 beds left (and
2 of them are small), but I'm exhausted.  My dad had to come out and
help me finish up, and he told me that it looked like I've lost 25% of
my irises.  I told him it looked to me more in the 5-10% range.  These
things were just COVERED in weeds that retained water,etc.  Anyway, I
did notice a particular plant that had just taken over the garden back
from the weeds, and that was LURID...sent to me by John Jones from CA.
It had 6 fans!

But I also have a question.  When I planted Vibrations, it was already
an insta-clump, and what I assumed to be the mother rhizome was still
attached...well, half of it was.  Today, while I was pulling the weeds,
part of that split-rhizome came off in my hand.  This is okay, right?

TIA,
Rusty