Re: SV: Leaf Spot: Gene, Culture, Location, Gardener

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SV: Leaf Spot: Gene, Culture, Location, Gardener
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 14:06:22 -0700 (MST)

gunnar andersson wrote:

> Especially when it looks like  'flavescens' looks like it have some
> natural resistens against leaf spots. it wont hurt so much to be doing > some 'back crossing' again.

Gunnar,

I don't want to contradict your theory about Flavescens, but is your
Flavescens "upwind" from your modern hybrids?  The most common
transmission of the leaf spot fungus is by the wind.  Spores will be
produced which can be blown by the wind.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8